YOU ARE CORDIALLY INVITED TO BECOME AN
AFA Community Partner with the Seidel Chapter
What is a “Community Partner”?
For the past 40+ years, the Air Force Association has partnered with individuals, professionals, and businesses from small to large, to join with AFA at the local level and show support for the outstanding work done by the chapter in the community.
What does it cost to be a Community Partner?
The basic annual cost of Community Partnership is $100 (a “dual” membership is $150).
What do I get for that donation?
- The most important benefit of the CP Program is the knowledge that you are helping to support the “Educate, Advocate, Support” mission of AFA, locally and nationally.
- You receive a very handsome wood plaque which can be displayed in your home or business demonstrating your support of AFA. In addition, you will receive a decal which can be displayed.
- The basic CP membership ($100) includes a single annual membership in the Association. Dual members ($150) receive two such memberships. The advantages of membership include, among other things, an annual subscription to the award-winning Air Force magazine. Each membership is a $50 value in and of itself.
- AFA is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, so CP membership is likely a tax-deductible contribution.
What does the Seidel Chapter do with my money?
The Seidel Chapter focuses nearly all its budget in support local area youth and to promote Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM) education.
- For the last 30 years, the chapter has sponsored Civil Air Patrol (CAP) cadets to attend flying training in support of the CAP Search & Rescue mission.
- The chapter sponsors 10-15 local high school sophomores and juniors to attend Youth Leadership Conferences during the summer, where they are taught Leadership, Patriotism, and the American Free Enterprise system.
- The chapter awards an annual scholarship to a high school senior through the Earle North Parker essay contest. Winners then compete at the State level for additional scholarships.
- The chapter provides funds to support the five Air Force Junior ROTC units and two local Scout troops who assist with the chapter’s main fundraising activity—a holiday flag program.
How do I become an AFA Community Partner?
Complete and sign the application here. You can mail the form c/o Bob Gehbauer, Treasurer, 6616 Bermuda Dunes Dr., Plano, TX 75093, or if paying by credit card, scan and email the completed form to email@example.com.
THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT